Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Farmhouse Cheese Making Course
Some like it soft and creamy and some just need that little bit of bite. If your wooden cheeseboard is longing for a little farmhouse rustic love, then you’ll be ready to sink your teeth into this calibre of cheese making. Easy enough for the beginner, but requiring all the dedication and passion of a seasoned cheese maker!
A room full of friends laughing around a table…music foraying into the clinking sounds of wine glasses and foaming ales is where a farmhouse cheese belongs. Cubed from a block or sitting proudly in strong wedges amidst an assortment of wheaty crackers, heady salami’s and cured meats, Mediterranean olives, and whole salted nuts, a good farmhouse cheese can make a good night as memorable as the company you’ve shared it with.
We take you back to the basics of honest cheese making at home. Create your own version, just the way you like it. Perhaps plain and refined, or you’re in the mood for smoked paprika flavoured with a good merlot and a side of grilled chorizo? With punchy garlic and chilli and aromatic cumin and fennel at the ready, what will you choose? The flavour combinations are endless!
You’ll start off with cow’s milk from which you will confidently create your own block of semi-hard cheese to take home. It’ll be ready to devour in 6 short weeks for a mild semi-hard creation…or leave it until you can stand it no longer! We say make a few batches at home and have a revolving supply of farmhouse cheeses forever more!
Start your hard cheese making journey today - Book now!
- How to add flavour to farmhouse cheese using herbs and spices. Understanding what flavours will work and what won’t.
- Identifying and caring for the basic equipment required to make cheese at home.
- How to prepare semi-hard cheese, and care for it until matured to your liking.
- Tastings of delicious tasting cheese at various stages of maturation served throughout the day.
- Take home a personally created block of farmhouse cheese made in class, and a copy of The Cheese Maker’s ‘Farmhouse Home cheese Making Guide’.
- Morning tea on us.
- Your own 'The Cheese Maker' Apron to keep.
- Lunch and a glass of chilled wine…and have a few great belly laughs with your new friends
- An appetite for the artisan life of cheese making…with a big smile!
- Cheese making cultures and equipment will be available for purchase and take home on the day (cash and credit card) - so consider bringing your purse/wallet.
Please come wearing enclosed footwear, long hair tied back and short or fitted sleeves
Anyone partaking in classes or events at The Cheese Maker or organised by The Cheese Maker must agree to these terms and conditions.
1) CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
All payments are final.
A $50 fee applies to course date transfers and date transfers are not permitted within 14 days of the course date. You can, however, transfer a course to another party at any time at no cost.
All courses are subject to minimum numbers. In the event that minimum course numbers are not reached you will be notified 7 days prior to course commencement. If your course is postponed due to insufficient numbers you will be offered alternative dates. If an appropriate date within 3 months cannot be found, you will be offered a full refund.
2) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give The Cheese Maker publishing rights for photographs or videos taken at The Cheese Maker classes and events (For use of The Cheese Maker marketing materials).
3) EMAIL NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIPTION
Course participants will automatically be added to The Cheese Maker's graduate email newsletter. Containing news, information and tips for your cheesemaking, this is typically 2-3 times per year and you can unsubscribe at any time.